QuickBooks Question (From the QuickBooks Knowledge Base)
Version: Windows -- QuickBooks 2000, 2001
Q: How do I invoice a customer for a part or percentage of an estimate
in QuickBooks 2000 or 2001?
A: If you need to invoice for a part or percentage of an estimate, you
can use the Progress Invoicing feature. When you use progress invoicing,
QuickBooks offers you three ways to invoice a customer. Choose:
100% of an estimate or all of the remaining balance,
a percentage of the whole estimate, or
a different percentage for each line item on the estimate.
To turn the progress invoicing feature on:
From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
From the icon list, select Jobs and Estimates.
Click Yes at the question, "Do You Do Progress Invoicing?"
To create a progress invoice from an estimate:
From the Lists menu, choose Customer:Jobs List.
Select a Customer:Job.
From the Customer:Jobs list window, click Activities, and then choose
From the Create Estimate window, click Create Invoice.
From the Create Progress Invoice Based On Estimate window, select one
of the following:
Create an invoice for the entire estimate (100%). Use this option to transfer
all items on the estimate to the invoice. If you created a progress invoice
previously, this option will be for the remaining amount of the estimate,
instead of 100%.
Create invoice for a percentage of the estimate. Use this option to transfer
all items on the estimate, with amounts based on the percentage you supply
in the % of Estimate field.
Create invoice for selected items or for different percentages of each
item. Use this option to specify the quantity, rate, amount or % of each
estimate item to transfer to the invoice.
To modify the amount or percentage you want to invoice for each item:
From the Create Invoices window, click Progress Detail.
QuickBooks displays a Specify Invoice Amounts for Items on Estimate window,
from where you can make your changes. To see details from the estimate,
Show Quantity to add a column showing the quantity of items from the estimate
and a column showing the quantities previously invoiced.
Show Percentage to add a column showing the percentage previously billed
for each of your line items on the estimate.
Our services include the following:
- Monthly write-ups from your check register
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit card reconciliation
- Financial report generation
- Monthly or quarterly reviews of your financial reports with you
Other things we can do for you include:
- Construct a chart of accounts
- Install and set up your software
- Automate your manual books
- Convert your books to a new software
- Design your forms
- Train you and your staff: at your site, at your speed, one-on-one
or in group classes
- Support you: on-site or by telephone
- Analyze your expenses and recommend controls
- Reconcile your bank and credit card accounts
- Develop spreadsheets and graphs
- Organize your work flow and filing systems
- Develop and implement operating procedures
These are some things we can do for you:
- Control your inventory
- Manage your cash flow
- Manage your receivables and payables
- Develop budgets
And here are some things we can teach you to do:
- How to use your software
- Basic bookkeeping skills for business
- How to read and understand your financial reports
- How to design reports that get you the information you need
Web site: Calico